Adding attachments (pictures, etc)

To past Baba_L members: Thanks for making the leap!. To New Members: Welcome aboard!
RickB
Site Admin

Adding attachments (pictures, etc)

Postby RickB » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:08 pm

Below are the steps for adding attachments to your post. You can add pictures or just about any file you want. If you have any diffulty adding your files, feel free to send them directly to me.

While you're entering the body of your text, scroll down on the screen.

You will see a button named Add an Attachment

When you click that button, you'll see a section below that says Add an Attachment

In that area, click the Browse button. Navigate to your file and select it. This will simply select your file, not upload it. Go to the next step to upload.

Once you do that, you can fill in a file comment if you wish. Then click the button that says Add Attachment. This will upload it to your message as an attachment. Click the Preview button and you'll see a preview of the picture on the screen.

To add additional files, simply click the Browse button again then press Add Attachment.

You can click on Posted Attachments to see which files you've posted.

***Note that the files will appear with the most recently uploaded file at the top.

Below are the steps in pictures...

Last edited by RickB on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Beddoe
Soñadora, 1978 Baba 30

RBEmerson

Postby RBEmerson » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:37 pm

Er, do you automagically scale images so they don't (virtually) stick out 2' to the right the screen?
We are all just a battery failure away from the age of sail.

RickB
Site Admin

Postby RickB » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:32 pm

That's a good question.

At the moment, the only way to ensure that is to turn on a switch that puts a limit on the size you upload which will force the sender to resize it.

I don't have that swtich turned on as I know some folks may be image-editing challenged. If I notice a file is too huge, I will manually crop the image.

If folks start posting a lot of images, I'll need to either turn on that switch or find an add-in that will automatically resize the image. The only thing I won't have control over are images that are added using the Img tag which links to an online instance of an image.
Rick Beddoe
Soñadora, 1978 Baba 30

RBEmerson

Postby RBEmerson » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:50 pm

Gotit - just remembering that a few "super-sized" images have shown up.
We are all just a battery failure away from the age of sail.

Return to “Welcome”